Have a taste for a juicy Philly Cheesesteak?
Try this low carb option and do not miss out on this flavorful dish again.
4 bell peppers, halved
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 large yellow onion, sliced
16 oz. portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
12 Sargento sliced provolone cheese
Land O’ Lakes Butter
Lea & Perrin’s Worcestershire Sauce
Rib Rack Original Seasoning, or any seasoning salt
- Place the rinsed shaved steak in a medium bowl. Season with marinade mixture, then place in the fridge for at least an hour. The longer the better.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Slice bell peppers in half, in a large baking dish and bake until tender, 30 minutes or less.
- Slice yellow onion and set aside.
- Rinse mushrooms, then set in a small bowl. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt one tablespoon of butter. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook until soft.
- Place marinated steak in onion and mushroom mixture. Cook on medium-high heat until steak is done, at least seven minutes, or to desired wellness.
- Place sliced provolone in each bell pepper half.
- Scoop steak, onion, and mushroom filling on top of the provolone.
- Add provolone to top of the steak mixture.
- Broil on high until cheese has lightly browned, monitor closely, should be around one minute.
- Enjoy hot with your favorite vegetable side or alone.
- For extra cheesiness, mix shredded mozzarella in the steak mixture prior to scooping on top of the bell pepper. Then top with the final layer of provolone prior to broiling.